Part-Time STEM Instructor
DESCRIPTION AviationEd provides their program to local schools which uses aviation as a vehicle to engage and motivate youth to achieving academic success through science, technology, engineering, and math. We have several school sites that will be adopting our curriculum and we need to build our team!
ABOUT THE POSITION AviationEd is seeking a pro-active instructor who possess the dedication, excitement, and necessary skills to lead and prepare our students for higher education. We want dynamic and organized instructors who are great at multi-tasking and can use our curriculum to provide an engaging and safe classroom environment characterized by academic rigor and a culture of achievement.
- Utilize the AviationEd curriculum and lesson plans with excitement and confidence
- Provide a range of instructional, management, and assessment strategies to meet the needs of all students
- Track student data and uphold high behavioral and academic standards
- Create a motivating and engaging classroom culture
- Collaborate with AviationEd and site school staff members
- Continuously communicate and build relationships with students and families
- Flexibility and dependability
- Have a dependable vehicle to drive to site school(s)
- A strong background in and command of science content
- Some teaching experience or experience presenting to a group (preferred)
- Demonstrated success working with students in traditionally underserved communities (preferred)
COMPENSATION We offer competitive hourly pay that includes prep time.
SELECTION PROCESS To begin the AviationEd selection process, all candidates are asked to submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. A completed AviationEd application
2. Personalized Cover Letter